Monday, April 19, 2010

A2Sea Creations Goes to the Nanaimo Waterfront Plaza





Newfoundland to Nanaimo Gift Shop

Cheryl and I are both quite excited about this next step in our A2Sea journey. I am very proud of my dear friend and partner as she bravely approached the gift shops at the Nanaimo Waterfront, photo album in hand with pictures of our seaside creations, and single-handedly landed a contract with an excellent store on the Nanaimo waterfront. I cannot think of a more ideal place to sell our treasures, especially with the cruise ships coming in at the end of April. This is a wonderful break for us. Now we have much work to do seeing as the shop owner ordered a ton of handmade items from us. I am happy to say that our treasures should be on display by April 27th. And to think this all began with a few nautical Christmas ornaments that I made for the Christmas table for the Nanaimo Arts Council Gallery two Christmases ago. It just proves that you never know how life will surprise you and what turn it will take.

Cheryl and I began with selling our handcrafts online. Then we had our items in a little store in Coombs. Next we went to a few local fairs but we found that they were very hard on our poor old backs. But it was good we tried them because they gave us something to work towards, helped us work out kinks and network with others. Each step of our journey has taught us so much and has brought us so much closer to our goals. I know I have learned so much through all of this. And I could not have done it without my friend Cheryl. It has been such a joy working and creating with her and I hope to do it for a long time. We make an excellent team.


No comments: