Saturday, November 20, 2010

Eco-Friendly Stocking Stuffers


Eco-Friendly Coffee Sleeves

In our last blog post, I promised to let everyone in on what Cheryl was up to in our next post so I shall now spill the goods. My talented sewing/quilting friend has designed some coffee sleeves for our site and besides being attractive, re-usable and reversible, they are delightfully affordable. My personal favorite is the music-themed one. So if you are searching for great stocking stuffers or little Christmas gifts for teachers, club members or co-workers, these fit the bill.

While we're on the subject of Christmas, we had our first snowfall last night so I am feeling more Christmasy than ever. What a magical, silent, peaceful world it creates. I took this photo this morning just outside the front of our home. I am so privileged to live in such a beautiful place. Do you notice how your home feels cozier after a snowfall? Snow's magic affects the ambiance inside of our homes, not just the outside.



I was fortunate to be able to go to Hawaii a couple of summers ago, thanks to my dad who gave us a cruise as a gift. It is a lovely place but I could never live there. It may sound silly but I would desperately miss the four seasons. They call it paradise and yet to me, Vancouver Island is paradise. I love the opportunity to see and appreciate the changes in seasons and the wonder that each season brings with it. I can't think of anywhere else I would rather be.

No comments: