Friday, January 17, 2014

The Joy of Family

How has everyone survived the holidays?  Mine was certainly a whirlwind of activity!  But what a joy it was to have both of my sons and their families visiting us this year.  To have them over, at the same time, rarely happens as one lives in Oregon and the other in New York.  So, needless to say, that was my very best Christmas gift.  That, and meeting my newest little grandson for the very first time!  I was one happy mom and grandma, that is for sure!

One thing happened, while we were opening gifts together, that I want to share because it was very special and comical at the same time.  My youngest son and his wife opened a rather large gift.  Much to my surprise, it was one of my framed photos that had been on display at the Quality Bayside Resort in Parksville, where my sons were staying.  (Fabulous place, by the way.  They went out of their way to ensure my family's stay was perfect.)  My son's wife came over to give me a big hug and to thank me.  With a puzzled look on my face I said, "I had nothing to do with it!"  She looked over at my other son, who started to laugh.  My eldest son had seen my photo hanging on the wall at the hotel and decided to buy it as a Christmas gift for them!  How special is that?!  We all had a good chuckle over that.  My sons never cease to find ways to surprise and impress me.  If you like, you can click HERE to view the photo my son purchased.  (I can't post the photo here because it warps when I try.... very strange indeed!)

My business partner, Cheryl, is enjoying her winter home near Yuma.  I must admit, however, that I do miss her.  But I'm glad she is enjoying herself with her 'second family', basking in the wonderful warmth of the climate and the people.  I don't believe there is one day when she isn't doing something!  She gets invited out to dinner by people constantly, she goes to the local quilting group, she gets involved in the numerous events that take place in the park... what a gal.  Her energy never ceases to amaze me.  And she is no spring chicken either.  (And she is probably going to kill me for saying that!)  Anyhow, she is indeed an inspiration to all who are lucky enough to know her.  (There, hopefully that makes up for my last comment!  Whew!  But it is true.)

So, do we have any new creations on our site?  Certainly!  Here are a few to feast your ocean-loving eyes upon... 

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/175809978/antique-copper-seashell-bookmark?ref=shop_home_active_2

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/175815113/ocean-treasure-bottle-aqua-glass?ref=listing-shop-header-1

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/174966531/gift-box-perfect-for-gift-presentation?ref=shop_home_active_4 

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/A2SeaCreations?section_id=14794338&ref=shopsection_leftnav_9


No comments: