Sunday, April 5, 2009

Coastal Cards by Cheryl


Oh happy day! We scored big time this week! I always find it amazing how things happen. Cheryl had just finished asking me how we might display her greeting cards at our craft sales. So I said I would put my thinking cap on and somehow we would figure something out. Well...

Two days ago I was in Parksville on a few errands and felt like a cup of really good coffee. So I stopped in at 'Pacific Brimm' on Craig Street (I recommend that place, by the way) and after I was done my robust cup of Americano, I decided that I would stop in briefly to check out one of my favorite stores just next door. After enjoying some eye-candy, I noticed that right beside that store was one that was going out of business. I peered in the window and didn't really see much of anything left so I almost didn't go in. But something pulled me in.

Like I said, there wasn't much left but suddenly I had the idea to ask if they had any display units for sale. The girl said no. But the manager overheard, fortunately, and showed me a few product stands. Well, wouldn't you just know it... there was the perfect stand for Cheryl's cards! I almost didn't jump at it because it was designed for hanging but, low and behold, it stood up on its own. Then she showed me another stand that works perfectly for our ornament balls and another that will work for some of my jewelry. You gotta love how things work out sometimes. Then, if that wasn't enough, the manager said that her daughter was going to open a new store in the same location and, after I had told her what kinds of products Cheryl and I design, she was quite sure that her daughter would be interested in selling them because she wants work from local artisans that are natural and reflective of our island! So I gave her our business card so her daughter could view our products online.

So that's why I say, "Oh happy day" because it is such a thrill for me to set out doing something completely different and then having a hand guiding me to exactly where I am supposed to be at exactly the right time! Yes, I do think positive thinking is part of it but I do believe in something more... I believe in divine intervention from a God who is interested in us.

I just did a little tweaking with the pliers so that I could add the seagull to Cheryl's new stand. I rather like my handiwork. Surprise Cheryl! Hope you like it!

You can find Cheryl's cards for sale on our site but we will also have them at our local craft sales coming up very soon. Our first one is on May 9th from 8 am to 2 pm at the huge annual Marine Swapmeet on 2443 Alberni Hwy at the Independant Marine Supply store. Cheryl has even designed some Mother's Day cards as it is the day after our big sale! Hope to 'sea' you there!


A2Sea Creations and A2Sea Photography





No comments: