Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Memories and Music

CANNON BEACH, OREGON - PHOTO BY MICKI FINDLAY

Holy cow! I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged! I have been very very busy finishing a huge wedding song contract so I have been a little preoccupied, to say the least. But today I finally got it all finished and packed up ready to ship to Ontario. What a great feeling... especially because the recipient is so happy with her song! It is very creatively fulfilling for me.

As for my trip to Oregon to visit my son Matt, his wife Cristina and my adorable and funny baby grandson Levi, what a treat that was for me! I took the slow way down to Roseburg, along the Oregon Coast; a breathtaking part of the world. The ocean is crazy wild and there are so many quaint, old, interesting towns along the way. I took in the Sea Lion Caves which amazed me... so much so that I stood in one spot for over an hour because I could not pull myself away from the sight of hundreds upon hundreds of sea lions sitting, playing and nuzzling. Some of the males challenged each other on the rocks as the violent waves came crashing over them. It was a memory I will never forget.
I so enjoyed getting to know my grandson. I feel so blessed that I was able to be there while Levi did some new things for the very first time. He had changed so dramatically over the course of a year and I have missed so much, sadly. But he sure made up for it while I was there!

As far as
A2Sea Creations is concerned, much of our work has been put on hold during the summer months as Cheryl and I have caught up on time with our families that live so far away. However, I did make some new wire-wrapped sea glass pendants and one is now for sale on our site. Cheryl has been making magnets for our upcoming Nanaimo Farmer's Market. (Sept 29th) I will be posting more info about that soon. We sold a couple of items and I just mailed them off to Iowa today. I love how the internet makes our world so 'small'! I get to talk with people all over the world and know that our creations are being enjoyed in so many faraway places. So cool!

I hope everyone is having a great summer and spending time catching up with loved ones also!


No comments: