Sunday, September 13, 2009

Vibrance Competition at Nanaimo Arts Council Gallery


Well, time is ticking by so fast with so much to do! Welcome to my world... self-inflicted of course.

Before I go to Hawaii (yes I am going to Hawaii! How cool is that?) I want to enter the fall competition at the Nanaimo Arts Council Gallery and this photo will be one of my entries. It did not occur to me, until a few days after I had finished it, that the colours were perfect for fall! I do have a knack for missing the obvious! Anyhow, 'Visione di Domani' means 'Vision of Tomorrow' in Italian. I felt it needed a rather romantic, mysterious name so my son, Gord, helped me with some great ideas. Thanks Gord! This piece is the beginning of, what I hope to be, many more. It is also for sale on our A2Sea Photography site. If you are artistic, you may be interested in checking out the Nanaimo Arts Council Gallery and perhaps enter your own work! They always have a ton of competitions and events going on!

Our two Etsy shops will be closed for a couple of weeks and will re-open again on October 5th, 2009. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our booth, however, will be down at the Nanaimo Farmer's Market on September 29th from 10 am to 3 pm, down by the waterfront on Front Street beside the Bastion. I will not be there but Cheryl will be, along with her friend Janice who will be helping. Be sure to check our booth out, even if to just visit with us and have some fun! Keep in mind that Christmas will be here before you know it and we have so many great gift ideas and stocking stuffers!

I hope everyone is having an amazing summer! I know I am.

No comments: