Sunday, October 31, 2010

Christmas Is Fast Approaching


Island Treasure - Christmas Beach Ornament

It's difficult to believe but tomorrow is already November. I'm not sure where the time has gone but it is definitely fleeting. Cheryl and I have been hard at working creating fresh, new nautical treasures for Christmas. We're quite thrilled that Newfoundland to Nanaimo has placed yet another order from us, even though their busiest tourist season is over. So be sure to check them out, especially if you live in the Nanaimo area. They have a wonderful selection of nautical-themed gifts created by local artisans. And the walk is ever so enjoyable down at the harbourfront. It is a great place to bring out-of-town family and friends. And you can find numerous stocking stuffers that are ideal for those out-of-towners.

Do you have a favorite Christmas memory or tradition? Every Christmas my sons and I would do something special for people who were less fortunate. One year we made up cute little reindeer goodie bags and put little gifts and treats inside. Then we packed them up and took them to a local care home where we gave them out to the residents and sang to them. The residents were delighted and my sons learned about how good it feels to give of yourself at Christmastime instead of just receiving. That was my primary goal. To this day, both of my sons are very giving people and it is important to both of them to make others feel good. They are kind, considerate men and that makes me so proud.


No comments: