Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Perfect Day on the Quay

I must say, it's a little embarrassing to see that my last blog post was in January.  Dear me!  I have been so focused on my weight loss blog that I have neglected this one.  My apologies to my partner in crime, Cheryl, and to anyone who may have wanted to see what we've been up to.  I will have to find a way to organize my time better.  (Yeah... right Micki)

We just did up a hefty order for the delightful little nautical shop on the Nanaimo Harbourfront - Newfoundland to Nanaimo.  For a small shop, they sure have got a nautical mile of wonderful items in there from jewelry to souveniers, home decor to local pottery, you name it.  In fact, if you live in central Vancouver Island, the Nanaimo Harbour Quay is a great place to bring your out-of-town guests to get a feel for our beautiful coast.  Stop in the nautical shop, then go to the Lighthouse Bistro for a delicious lunch, or just enjoy a drink in the bar on their outside patio. (Not too long ago, Cheryl took me for a belated birthday lunch at the Lighthouse Bistro and it was delicious... and what a treat to eat right over the water!)  Then, check out the various boats in the marina and do some more shopping for souveniers and local gifts.  Finish off the day with a yummy ice cream waffle cone or savour some old-fashioned candy of yesteryear.  You can even take a ferry ride over to Newcastle Island.  Perfect day in the making.

Here are a few examples of our beachy gift items we have at Newfoundland to Nanaimo...  Say hi to Esther for us when you visit!

A2SeaCreations.com



No comments: