Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Feature Photography Show - Micki Findlay

I am quite excited to announce that, for all of February 2010, my photography will be featured at the Nanaimo Arts Council Gallery in the Nanaimo North Town Centre (formerly known as the Rutherford Mall). There will be something for every taste, any budget and a variety of framed photos, unframed/matted photos, greeting cards and even some of my handcrafted jewelry.

Although I have had my work at the gallery for over a year, this is my first ever feature show so hence, my excitement. It didn't really hit me until I put my first poster up and then it started to sink in! It will be a good challenge for me and will help me to keep striving to learn, grow and excel in my craft. Photography has become a real passion for me. Although I have never taken a class in photography, I would like to because the more I learn, the more exciting the possibilities!

My new coffee table book will also be on display showing some of my work that may not be on display at the gallery. Photos in my book are also for sale on order and can be matted and/or framed to suit your home colour scheme. If you would like a preview of my work go to
www.thesingingphotographer.com If you wish to order directly from my website but you live in the Nanaimo/Parksville/Qualicum area, simply contact me, either through my site or by email, and I will create a special listing for you minus the shipping costs. I can then deliver your order right to your door, if you like.

If you decide to come by the gallery for the show, you may do so anytime but, if you want to visit as well, I will be there every Wednesday from 1:30 to 5:30 throughout the month of February. Admission is free and the event is open to the public.

Cheryl and I would like to wish everyone a very happy new year filled with love, joy, friends and exciting new adventures! It's time again to start creating more nautical treasures with my dear friend. Our creating has been on hiatus due to the Christmas holidays but we will be back on track very soon.
God bless! Micki

2 comments:

art by naomi said...

So Exciting! Happy for you Micki.

Anonymous said...

Thank you dear, creative lady!