Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Something Brand New At A2Sea Creations


I just love wreaths. When I see a wreath up on someone's door, it says to me, "Welcome... come on in!" So finally I have made one and, the best part... it just oozes ocean!

To make this wreath, I needed to drill holes in the shells that hang down from the top. My hubby David helped me get started and I was on my way in no time. Now I want to drill holes in everything I can get my hands on! Especially if it has anything to do with the sea. I will have to make a large shell mobile one day soon as I just love them!

Because this was my first wreath, it took me a long while to get it just right. Mind you, I am so very picky and will fiddle with things to ad nauseam. I did have an idea of what I wanted to achieve, thanks to Cheryl's gift to me; a wreath how-to book. But having no real experience, except for making Christmas wreaths out of cedar boughs 100 years ago, I found that I continually had to play with it, coming back time and time again to adjust something or add more shells, or what have you. Finally I was happy with the finished product. And I love the feminine quality to it. I have a real fondness for shabby chic and this wreath certainly fits the bill. And what a lovely addition or gift for a wedding!

I will try my hand at various styles... perhaps one that is more rustic looking for the natural buffs. It would have the same kind of feel as our 'Washed Ashore - Rustic Bottle' we sold awhile back; one with primarily driftwood, seaweed and natural fishing net. The sea's the limit! And the sea has so much to offer. And we have so many ideas!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Micki!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog...it was so great to see you.
Your blog looks wonderful and this wreath is just gorgeous.
You are SO talented.
Hope you have a beautiful day!
XO Mary

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mary!! That means a lot coming from you, as you are such a wonderful artist.